Orangewood Christian School teachers are building Christian Community within and beyond the school, are active in a church community and serving as Christian role models to students, parents and staff.
Teachers are expected to keep abreast of current trends and assist their respective departments with long-term goal planning for the program, developing both short and long term instructional objectives.
Teachers must have strong instructional and classroom management skills, including but not limited to:
- use of various teaching strategies and resources to actively engage students in learning
- adjusting curriculum as appropriate
- posting lesson plans on RenWeb
- evaluating handouts and testing materials against student performance
- evaluating students and providing opportunities for students to demonstrate mastery
- quickly grading and returning student work
- enforcing school discipline policies in a consistent and loving manner; promptly notifying parents and administration of any behavioral or academic problems and organizing classroom and materials for efficient learning.
OCS teachers are expected to make meaningful connections between faith and learning in the classroom.
Orangewood employees are responsible for continuing their education and completing certification requirements.
* Education Requirement: Master’s in Special Education or Reading Specialist Degree
- Years of Experience: 5+
- Licenses or Certifications: Holds a Florida Educator certificate
1300 West Maitland Boulevard
Maitland, FL 32751
Phone: (407) 339-0223
Fax: (407) 339-4148