May 22nd, 2023
Academic Support Staff
Title: Academic Support Staff
Reports To: Academic Coach
Work Year: 10 months
Academic Support Staff works with the Academic Coach in the educational training and supervision of students. The Academic Coach supervises the Academic Support Staff. However, he/she may have periods of leadership in the Academic Coach’s absence.
• Subscribe to and promote the statement of faith.
• Serve as a Christian role model in attitude, speech, and action.
• Motivate others to grow in their faith.
• Follow the Matthew 18 principle in dealing with student-athletes, parents, staff, and administration.
• Lead others to a realization of their worth in Christ and cultivate their growth in Christlike character.
• Prepare instructional materials, manipulatives, and supplies to support instruction.
• Provide review for individual student-athletes or small groups as directed by the Academic Coach.
• Assist with hands-on activities.
• Assist in the supervision of student-athletes during instruction.
• Assist in the supervision of student-athletes in the lunchroom, on breaks, during transitions, on field trips, and other activities as needed.
• Perform clerical responsibilities as assigned by the Academic Coach (attendance, record keeping, charting progress, etc.).
• Communicate with the Academic Coach regarding all aspects of the student-athlete’s progress and behavior.
• Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
• Possess a strong work ethic, be punctual, and have minimal absences.
• Maintain a professional self-image and project the mission and values of Nest Hockey Academy.
• Adhere to all Nest Hockey Academy policies and procedures.
• Strong commitment to the mission of NHA as well as the athletic philosophy of NHA.
• Effective Christ-like leader in all areas of life.
• Must be 18 or older.
• High School graduate/some college preferred.
• Experience in working with student-athletes in the classroom setting.
• CPR, First Aid, and Blood Borne Pathogen certifications, or willing to obtain upon hire.
• Ability to interact positively with student-athletes, parents, colleagues, and the public.
• Strong Organizational skills and effective oral and written communication skills.