November 17th, 2021
Human Resources Director
Bradenton Christian seeks appropriately qualified, committed Christian candidates for the position of Director of Human Resources. The ideal candidate is equipped to assess and develop the current HR infrastructure at the school and make recommendations to the Superintendent and Board for improvement.
• Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
• Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the school’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
• Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, payroll, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
• Maintains employee records (attendance, discipline, evaluations, performance, certifications, etc.) according to policy and legal requirements.
• Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management.
• Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organization’s human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system.
• Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
• Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
• Develops and implements departmental budget.
• Facilitates professional development and training for employees.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
• Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
• Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• 6-8 years managerial level accounting/financial business experience in an educational setting
• Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
• Proficient with Excel, Word, and accounting software
• Excellent communication skills
• Works independently as well as with staff and parents
• Must respect and uphold confidentiality and be an active participant in the life of the school
Commensurate with experience.