October 8th, 2020
Director of Enrollment
Orangewood Christian School
Job Title: Director of Enrollment
FLSA Status: Salaried, Exempt
Reports to: Head of School
Supervises (Number of employees, as applicable): N/A
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree; Advanced Degree preferred
Years of Experience: 5-7+ years preferred in education, administration, or management
Licenses or Certifications: N/A
Summary: Serving as a senior member of Orangewood Christian School’s leadership team, the Director of Enrollment( Director) oversees all student enrollment functions spanning initial family inquiry to admission and student retention. In cooperation with other departments and its leaders, the Director develops short and long-term plans which lead to enrollment growth and best-in-market student retention.
The Director uses his/her professional background and experiences; leadership skills, and relationships to advance enrollment initiatives while partnering with school leaders to ensure the overall success of school operations.
1. Promotes the mission of Orangewood Church and Orangewood Christian School to all faculty, staff, students, and the community at large.
2. Communicates the philosophy and program offerings of the school to parent groups and the general community. Represents the school at civic, faith-based, and other community events.
3. Develops and administers a comprehensive enrollment plan in order to attract and retain qualified students. Accordingly, creates and directs student enrollment activities.
4. Works with school marketing, communications, and school program leaders (academics, athletics, fine arts) to craft and lead strategic initiatives which generate increased enrollment.
5. Works across teams to help design and use student enrollment collateral (print and electronic).
6. Builds strong relationships with prospective and currently enrolled students by listening, identifying, and attending to their school needs.
7. Maintains the daily functions of managing student inquiries and applications, phone conversations, conducting interviews, leading student tours, scheduling shadow days and principal interviews, schedules student testing, and following up with enrolled students and those denied admissions.
8. Manages all enrollment documentation.
9. Presents applicants which have completed the admissions process to the admissions committee for its review.
10. Organizes and leads enrollment efforts by creating a new student pipeline by way of churches and other schools.
11. In cooperation with Finance, manages student enrollment budget and sets up new family tuition accounts.
12. Conducts periodic financial audits to ensure student accounts are accurately recorded.
13. Provides resource and expertise in enrollment-related areas (ie: financial assistance, state-funded programs, school counseling, educational services)
14. Participates in the review of exception-based admission inquiries with principals, Educational Services leaders, and others.
15. Maintains comprehensive enrollment records (Renweb and other) and shares pertinent information with senior leadership on a regular basis.
16. Assists with international student enrollment, issuing I-20’s, and maintaining F-1 student visas.
1. Serves as a member of the school’s senior leadership team
2. Participates in leading school advancement and development activities (Open houses, school preview days)
3. Partners with PTF to welcome new families / students.
3. Performs other duties, as assigned
The Director should maintain the same foundational qualifications as other Christ-followers, as they grow in their Christian leadership abilities:
1. A daily, abiding relationship with Jesus.
2. Consistent engagement with the Scripture and the development of spiritual disciplines which put our lives on a path of continued Christ-like transformation.
3. Active in fellowship and service with a local, evangelical church.
4. A use of time, talents, and treasures for the growth of the Body of Christ, the health of their own family, and for the good of the world around them.
The Director should possess and demonstrate the following abilities:
1. Experience with program planning, training, and supervising staff.
1. Recognize the role of parents as primarily responsible before God for their children’s education and be prepared to assist them in that task.
2. Serve as one of the lead ambassadors for the school.
3. Possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
4. Be high-energy
5. Possess superior organizational skills
6. Demonstrate the leadership qualities of collaboration, enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility, integrity, gratitude, kindness, self-control, and perseverance.
7. Meet everyday stress with confidence, objectivity, and optimism.
Offices Classrooms Outdoors Community
All facilities including roof and crawl spaces Other:______________________________
Walking/Standing Lifting/Moving (number of pounds 20) Stretching
Exposure to cold/Heat Talking/hearing Vision (close and distance)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Evaluation: Performance will be evaluated initially at 90 days then annually thereafter with this position description. Employees will undergo initial and periodic subsequent background checks and drug screenings as required.