February 17th, 2022
Middle School Social Studies and Bible Teacher
Summit Christian School is seeking a dedicated Christian teacher for Middle School Social Studies and Bible for the 2022-2023 school year. SCS is located in Fort Myers, Florida and serves students in Preschool-8th grade. We seek to provide an excellent, high-quality education, rooted in God’s Word. SCS is a unique school family that serves a broad community of faith.
Education Requirements: Successful candidates should have earned at minimum a bachelor’s degree with emphasis in middle school social studies and/or Bible. The successful candidate will hold or be able to obtain a valid Florida teaching license.
In addition, Summit Christian School’s teachers:
- Reflect the mission of the school, which is to provide an excellent, high-quality education rooted in God’s word.
- Are expected to integrate Biblical principles and the Christian philosophy of education throughout the curriculum and activities.
- Lead students to a realization of their value in Christ.
- Cooperate with the administration in implementing all policies, procedures, and directives governing the operation of the School.
- Teach classes as assigned following prescribed scope and sequence as scheduled by the administrator.
- Keep proper discipline in the classroom and on the school premises and create a good learning environment.
- Plan broadly through the use of semester and quarterly plans and objectives, and more currently through the lesson planning.
- Utilize valid best practices to achieve curriculum goals within the framework of the school’s philosophy.
- Employ a variety of instructional aids, methods, and materials that will provide for creative teaching to reach the whole child: spiritual, mental, physical, social, and emotional.
- Assess the learning of students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
- Keep students, parents, and the administration adequately informed of progress or deficiencies.
- Recognize the need for good public relations and represent the School in a favorable and professional manner to the school’s constituency and the general public.
- Develop and maintain rapport with students, parents, and staff by treating others with friendliness, dignity, and consideration.
- Follow the Matthew 18 principle in dealing with conflict with students, parents, staff, and administration.
- Attend school functions including, but not limited to: spring musical, awards, band and/or choir concerts, Christmas plays, dramas, and graduations.
Know and respond appropriately to the procedures for dealing with issues of an emergency nature.
Position Benefits: Health Insurance, Retirement, and Tuition benefit.