November 8th, 2021
Executive Assistant to Head of School and School Board Secretary
Executive Assistant to Head of School and School Board Secretary performs all administrative support duties required for this position for the Head of School, Board of Trustees, under the direct supervision of the Head of School. This position requires knowledge of school mission and core values, trustee policies, depth of Christian testimony, the ability to assume responsibility, work effectively and independently under pressure and maintain confidentiality. Must possess great people and communication skills to deal with difficult situations and people with a calm demeanor. Door keeper to Head of School and Board of Trustees.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Support work of Head of School, Board of Trustees, and administrative team.
• Assist Head of School in communication with the board of trustees and assist in maintaining positive Board relationships.
• Prepare all materials for Trustees, including regular and special meetings, retreats, etc. Set up for Board meetings and maintain all board minutes and records. Upload documents for board meetings and communicate with trustees regarding the same. Make and keep current all board policy manuals and changes, minutes and committee reports. Work closely with school chef to prepare menus for trustee meetings and events as necessary.
• Maintain Head of School’s calendar, establishing priorities at own discretion, facilitate and screen internal and external appointments, schedule and coordinate meetings. Maintain board of trustees calendar (submit preliminary calendar for trustees for the calendar year) and coordinate with trustee chairs and Head of School with trustee committee calendar. Input all yearly meetings into Head of School’s calendar and invite attendees.
• Make all necessary arrangements for travel and conferences for Head of School and Board of Trustees. Keep track of expenses on school credit card.
• Receive telephone and in-person callers, maintaining a helpful, positive demeanor and using discretion to determine those which are to be handled by the Head of School personally as well as those delegated to another administrator.
• Research or work on projects as required by Head of School throughout the year.
• Receive inquiries for all school job openings and email applicants and keep track of all documentation and forward to appropriate administrators including Head of School.
• Initiate and/or draft, prepare, and distribute a variety of documents letters, emails, acknowledgements, notices to faculty and staff, forms and reports; sign specified correspondence on behalf of Head of School.
• Perform some administrative duties for Administrative team.
• Maintain official files for Head of School and Board of Trustees to include board minutes, association minutes, board packets for Board of Trustee meetings, board policy changes.
• Manage office budget for Head of School purchases and report to business office monthly. Order supplies for office including coffee and refreshments as well as keeping Head of School office supplied stocked. Order gifts as needed for Board of Trustees and employees and visitors. Put together welcome bags for new employees.
• Receive incoming mail for Head of School and sort and handle as needed. Receive all school emails and forward emails to appropriate individuals.
• Make all preparations for two association meetings every school year. Make sure school communication goes out two weeks prior to association meeting to all school parents and all faculty and staff. Make arrangements with school chef for refreshments for these meetings.
• Maintain personnel records for all direct reports to the Head of School and update yearly.
• Works closely with Communications Department to monitor social media and communications from the Head of School office.
• Foster positive relationships with all campus offices. Build trust and ongoing positive relationships with employees, Trustees, Administration.
• Perform the above and other related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position with strict confidentiality.
• Plan and coordinate events for Head of School such as Christmas Admin party and any other events as requested.
• Perform related duties as assigned by the Head of School and Board of Trustees.
• Maintain office reception area and Head of School’s office welcoming and inviting to guests.
• Complete all school required annual reports with organizations, etc.
• Post all school openings on various websites as well as have PR Department post as well.
• Track Pastor Questionnaires for all employees and board members (work closely with Office of Admission for employee PQs.) Must be renewed every two years.
• Receive all room requests for the Tide Center Conference Room and if room is available enter it in Events Calendar and notify person making request
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
1. Demonstrated aptitude and ability for successful performance of essential functions listed.
2. Outstanding skills at using technology and Microsoft Office. Ability to learn programs used on campus: Events Calendar, Core (database), and others.
3. Skills in effective oral and written communication with accuracy.
4. Skills to organize ideas, time, materials with attention to details to accompany goals and meet deadlines.
5. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
6. Ability in taking and preparing minutes if needed.
7. Ability to work independently and cooperatively, exercise judgment and creativity and willingness to work with others as a team.
8. Ability to work effectively under pressure
9. Ability to work extended hours for attendance of board events, meetings, association meetings, etc. as needed.
Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Five+ years of executive administrative experience preferred.
All employees must undergo a criminal background check and fingerprinting.
Active membership in local Christ Centered church.
Fluency in Spanish and English preferred.
To be determined based on experience and qualifications.