Christian Schools of Florida is an accrediting member of the Florida Association of Academic Nonpublic Schools (FAANS), the National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA), and the International Alliance of Regional Accreditors (the Alliance).
Co accreditation agreements are maintained between Christian Schools of Florida and the National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA), the Middle States Association: Elementary and Secondary School Commissions (MSA), AdvancED (SACS/CASI), and Christian Schools International (CSI).
Schools accredited by one or more of these agencies may apply for co accredited membership with CSF. Accreditation granted by CSF is honored by these agencies listed above. In all cases, a school must be in compliance with the standards of both agencies.
Accreditation by CSF qualifies member schools for membership in the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA), the Florida Voluntary Prekindergarten Scholarship Program (VPK), and for exemption from state licensing as provided for in Florida Statute 402.316.
Christian Schools of Florida is one of the founding organizations of the Florida Association of Academic Nonpublic Schools (FAANS).
FAANS is an umbrella agency that represents most of the private school accrediting agencies in Florida and 80% of all private schools in the state.
It is a forum for accrediting agencies to work cooperatively together and to work cooperatively with the Florida Department of Education, as well as the Florida Legislature. It is a forum to provide information and points of view in behalf of private education to the legislature and state agencies, the press, and the general public.
Members of Christian Schools of Florida have regularly served in leadership roles in FAANS.
As a member of FAANS:
- CSF is included in various state laws and state rules, including teacher certification, professional development programs that lead to recertification, and participation in various state scholarship programs.
- CSF takes its place with other leading accrediting associations in Florida.
- CSF is represented at the national level through participation with the Council for American Private Education (CAPE).
- CSF member schools are regularly kept aware of and are represented in discussion related to local, state, and national issues impacting Christian schooling.
- Member schools have a voice in local, state, and national issues impacting Christian schooling.
- Member schools have regular contact with all areas of local and state agencies, including the Florida Department of Education. School heads are assisted to assure compliance with local and state regulations, and are assisted with processes related to teacher certification, professional development, and access to state and federal programs.
- Member schools are validated as professional, well-informed, well-represented, and involved members in the education of children in Florida.
- CSF is able to continually compare its accreditation standards with national and state professional standards.
The National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA) is a consortium of accrediting associations for the recognition of early childhood, elementary, and secondary private schools. Christian Schools of Florida is an accrediting member.
NCPSA serves as a national review panel for the standards and review procedures of private school accrediting associations. All schools accredited by CSF are jointly accredited by the NCPSA..
The Florida High School Athletic Association Eligibility and Compliance Services Department provides assistance to FHSAA member schools by determining student eligibility. With a mission to mentor, educate, and serve FHSAA member schools, the department hosts interactive webinars and seminars and conducts onsite school visits to assist in school compliance with FHSAA Bylaws and Policies.
Eligibility and Compliance Services also oversees the investigative process, if warranted, and facilitates the appeals process as it relates to due process afforded member schools, coaches, and students. The Eligibility and Compliance Services Department supports the Purpose of the Association by applying the Bylaws, Policies and Administrative Procedures in an equitable manner (Reference Bylaw 1.2).
Founded in 1920, Christian Schools International was the first educational services organization to be established in North America and has been the leader in Christian education for almost a century. The CSI worldview is firmly rooted in scripture and in a reformed tradition of Christian theology. Christian Schools International advances Christian education and supports schools in their task of teaching students to know God and his world and to glorify him through obedient service.
Schools accredited by CSI may apply for co-accredited membership with CSF. Accreditation granted by CSF is honored by CSI. In this case, a school must be in compliance with the standards of both agencies.
CSF offers its member schools and teachers a special group subscription to SimpleK12 Learning Community.
SimpleK12 is an online professional development tool that incorporates teacher learning into a social platform with content delivered through live and on demand webinars and toolkits.
Offering a wide range of subjects and content, teachers and a whole faculty can engage in professional development training when and where they want, creating their own profiles and tracking their PD work through a transcript of courses. Simple K12 offers over 400 webinars in 40 teaching-specific categories.
CSF is pleased to offer group-discount subscriptions to EdWeek, American education’s online news website, providing detailed and insightful reports on K–12 education policy and practice, as well as breaking news, webinars, web chats and blogging.
CSF has partnered with Intalere (previously Health Resource Services/Amerinet) to bring member schools a wide offering of discounts on products and services through group purchasing.
View supply chain solutions at Intalere.com.