HighPoint Christian Academy was started in 2010 to meet the increasing need for quality Christian education for junior and senior high school students in Clay County and the surrounding areas of North Florida. Since 2010, we have grown and today we proudly accept students in grades 5-12 as a place to continue their Christian education. HighPoint Christian Academy is a ministry of HighPoint Community Church and operates under its leadership.
HighPoint Christian Academy is designed to provide a caring, creative learning environment to prepare students for college, life and ministry. Our mission is for students to know Jesus Christ and make Him known. We accomplish this by helping students discover their God-given talents and purpose for their lives through a stimulating academic and spiritual experience. Each student is taught personally in small groups by qualified Christian teachers who prepare them academically and guide them in their spiritual and character development.
HPCA is a college-prep school, utilizing engaging with real-life examples for our students. Additionally, our students have the opportunity to attend dual enrollment classes and earn Bright Future hours.
We accept the McKay and Step Up For Students scholarships.
HPCA is accredited through Christian Schools of Florida as well as AdvancED (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools).
Staff & Students
Full-time Faculty & Administration
Part-time Faculty & Administration
Part-Day Early Childhood 0
Full-Day Early Childhood 0
Grades 1-5 6
Grades 6-8 16
Grades 9-12 48
Enrollment totals include
these special programs:
VPK Students 0
McKay Students 32
Fla Corporate Tax Students 11
School’s Job Opportunities
Posted April 24th, 2018
Junior/Middle & High School Science Teacher
The role of teacher is to serve in fostering the spiritual and academic development of the student. Employees are responsible for educating students according to the guidelines and standards set forth by HighPoint Christian Academy (HPCA).
- Plan, prepare and deliver engaging lesson plans that bring Science to life with instructional materials that facilitate active learning
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate Science instruction
- Demonstrate general knowledge of Science subject area
- Teach science lessons in large group, small group or individually as needed for student mastery
- Adhere to spiritual and educational standards set forth by HighPoint Christian Academy
- Consistently demonstrate preparation in and out of the classroom in all facets or professional duties
- Evaluate student progress and keep appropriate records; including providing appropriate feedback for student performance
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments
- Establish a classroom climate conducive to learning classroom management to include managing student behavior in and out of the classroom in accordance to HighPoint Christian Academy rules and expectations
- When necessary, refer advanced disciplinary issues to administration
- Communicate effectively with others (written and oral)
- Be willing to share ideas and talents with colleagues
- Participate in appropriate meetings and professional development activities
- Support HPCA’s mission and working towards the annual school goals that are created with the focus for improvement
- Participate in extra-curricular activities for both school and church events
- Perform other duties as delegated by Head of School
We seek candidates who share our beliefs, mission and vision in educating children.
Applicants must successfully pass a background screening, hold a a Bachelor’s degree or higher, and hold or be in the process of earning a Florida Teaching Certificate.
Based upon experience
84 Knight Boxx Road
Orange Park, FL 32065