The Conference will begin on Thursday, April 19th at 1:00pm with a Preschool Summit. The Summit is designed to help our schools develop a vision for excellence in Early Childhood Education. We are asking every school with a Pre-K Program to have a representative in attendance.
Friday, April 20th at 9:00am is the regular CSF Spring Business Meeting. Attendance at the meeting is required for all CSF schools.
Hosting & Lodging
Cambridge Christian School
6101 N. Habana Avenue
Tampa, FL 33614
Phone: (813) 872-6744
Fax: (813) 872-6013
Comfort Suites near Raymond James Stadium, Tampa
5421 West Waters Avenue
Tampa, FL 33634
Please reserve your room by April 5, 2018.
Lunch provided by Cambridge - $10
Thursday, April 19th, 2018, 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
The Preschool Summit is designed to help our schools develop a vision for excellence in Early Childhood Education. We are asking every school with a Pre-K Program to have a representative in attendance.
As most of you are aware, CSF is offering a Preschool Summit at our annual meeting in Tampa on Thursday, April 19, 1:00 – 5:00 p.m. We are asking each school with a preschool program to send at least one individual to represent your school. Please remember to send to me the number and names of the people who will be in attendance.
We are planning on an interactive roundtable type of discussion with some top notch speakers. Some topics that have been suggested are:
Assessment & Data
Spiritual Growth (Chapel, curriculum, activities)
Staff (training, professionalism, in-service, expectations, pay scales…)
To be more specific, some of the questions Dana has suggested that should be addressed are as follows:
• What is your educational philosophy for preschool?
• What is you curriculum?
• How do you promote the spiritual development of your students?
• How much time do you devote to gross motor skills?
• How do you market your school?
• What qualifications do you expect for your teachers and aids?
• What does professionalism look like at your school?
• Are your salaries competitive? Are they the same as the rest of your school?
• How do you reach out to parents?
• What steps do you take to encourage families to continue in your K-12 program?
• How are your facilities? How can they be improved?
Execuive Committee Meeting
Thursday, April 19th, 2018, 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Executive meeting will take place after Early Childhood Summit
Director of Accreditation Report
Acceptance of Peer Review Reports: (Peer Review Team Leaders) Westminster Christian School Granada Day School Dunnellon Christian Academy Orangewood Christian School Real Life Christian Academy Westminster Academy Bethany Christian School High Point Christian Academy Sunlight Christian Academy Lighthouse Private Christian Academy
Changes to SESIP reporting : Teams
MSA and AdvancED Collaboration
Revision of Standard ES 6.1.7
Clarification:Teacher Cert Standard
Friday, April 20th, 2018, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Attendance at the Business Meeting is required for all CSF schools.
· Devotion – Dana James
· Reports from DirectorsApproval of Minutes/Fall 2017 Meeting – Cheryl Burdin Treasurer’s Report – Joanna Johannes Early Childhood – Beth Travis Teacher Certification – Betsy Wilson Government Report – LuAnne Schendel Accreditation/Professional Development – Sue Taylor Executive Director – Dana James
Lunch – $10 per person
· Westminster Christian School
· Granada Day School
· Dunnellon Christian Academy
· Orangewood Christian School
· Real Life Christian Academy
· Westminster Academy
· Bethany Christian School
· High Point Christian Academy
· Sunlight Christian Academy
· Lighthouse Private Christian Academy
Discussion of School Security
· What is your school doing?
· How has your security changed since the Parkland shooting?
· How is you community reacting?
· Are you getting help from your local sheriff?
· What do the next 5/10 years look like?